We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineering Technician to support our Infrastructure team which specialises in providing sustainable development solutions from planning, through to full implementation. Our clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies. We provide services to our clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Sewerage, SuDS, Building Drainage and Earthworks; on Residential, Retail, Industrial, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare Developments.
A typical week would include:
- Producing designs, drawings and specifications to support planning & technical applications and construction.
- Being active on several projects and client accounts at any given time.
You will report to a Principal Engineer or Director
- ONC/HNC/HND in Civil Engineering with experience in highway or drainage design.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- An understanding of drainage and highway design principles (layout, etc).
- Ability to design drainage systems & sewers using WINDES, highways using Civils 3D (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Highways Agency, Local Authority and Water Company design guidance.
- Ability to work with more senior and junior staff in producing designs is essential.
- Good written and spoken communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prepare designs for drainage and highway schemes and/or flood risk assessments and SuDS designs.
- Experience of detailing of infrastructure works including highways, drainage, and earthworks elements.
- Experience of detailing of Section 278, 38, 104 and 106 adoption approvals.
- Capability to seek clarity of instructions, check own work before submitting for approval, agree and meet timescales for items of work.
- Able to contribute to the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawing issue.
TO APPLY, SEND YOUR CV WITH A COVERING LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org